List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice installation problem
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-25 11:45:07

On 7/25/05, Laurie Hartley <Laurie_Hartley@bigblue.net.au> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  I am new to linux so I am not quite sure were to look
> for this information however -

Try
rpm -qa | grep kword

> For KDE I looked in the Konqueror help menu and got:-
>
> Release 3.2.3

Hmm, yeah. That's definitely old. You should upgrade at least to 3.3,
or 3.4 if possible. The KOffice binaries that you have require
something from the newer KDE, hence they don't run on your old version
of KDE.

Alternately, go get older binaries of KOffice. I see you're running
urpmq there - so you're probably on mandrake - functional version of
KOffice should be included on Mandrake's installation CDs.

/ Tomas