List:       koffice
Subject:    kexi connection problem
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2005-06-23 17:42:13

hello,
I just compiled koffice 1.4.0 on my machine (gentoo linux, kde 3.4.1)
and tried to connect to an existing (mysql-) database on my server with this
command:

kexi --drv mysql --host srv -u josswern test

kexi comes up and asks for password on the server,
then shows the following error:

could not open project 'test'.
invalid database contents.
"kexidb_major_ver" database property not found

I know user and password are ok, because it works from the mysql cli.
what should I try next ?

werner
p.s.:
same result if I try:
'... --createdb test1'
instead of trying to open an existing database