List:       koffice
Subject:    Latex export filter from KFormula
From:       Brian Bockelman <bockelman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-23 5:30:11

(Before I say anything else, this is actually a help offer, not a
nagging user email)

As someone who is interested in koffice and who produces about 5 pages
of Latex a day, I was absolutely mortified to see the latex output
from kformula.  For example, if I wanted to look at the integral of
x^2, I would type in Latex the following line:

\int x^2

kformula (as of the latest snapshot tarball I could find) produces this:

{ \int{{ {}{ x}^{ 2}}}}

As far as I can tell, this is valid LaTex... virtually unreadable
though.  LaTex, as opposed to MathML is supposed to be a human
readable format!

I fixed up the internals of kformula (small changes to the toLatex()
function) to output not only correct latex output, but human readable
output.  To whom should I send the diffs?  Also, if I have further
contributions to the same area (kformula) in the future, is there a
maintainer who will be able to accept / reject them?

Thank you in advance

Brian Bockelman