List:       koffice
Subject:    KWord scripting
From:       Matej Cepl <cepl () surfbest ! net>
Date:       2005-01-29 3:43:35

Hi,

I have some mentionings of scripting KOffice applications (I am interested
mostly in KWord) with Python (or anything else), but nothing specific
enough to lead this poor non-CS into understanding of how to do it. Can i
ask couple of questions here to make things (hopefully) more clear?

1) Does http://kde.geiseri.com/kscript-howto.html apply to the current
KOffice (KWord 1.3.4)? And an example on
http://www.kde.nl/doc/kate-scripting/? Do these two pages talk about the
same thing?
2) Can anybody show me (preferably) Python scripts to do these two following
things:
 a) My usual pet peeve in editors is missing equivalent of Emacs'
    transpose-characters. I do not know whether it is missing in
    KWord as well, but if yes, can you show me a script, which would
    emulate (including binding the script to some shortcut like Ctrl-T)?
 b) if we had a character styles (like inline elements in HTML), I would ask
    for a macro bound to key shortcut and assigning one to the selection.
    However, I am afraid, that we don't have them in KWord (so far?), so
    I would ask for macro that marks selected text with bold and small caps.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in
others.
      -- Samuel Johnson