List:       koffice
Subject:    Research on KOffice
From:       opensource <opensource/bmgt () rhsmith ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2004-12-09 18:51:50

--=_alternative 00679DB885256F65_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Dear KOffice Administrators,

I am a professor at the University of Maryland, and I am writing you
because I would like to include KOffice in a research study about users'
perceptions and decisions regarding open source software.  This study is
being supported by the National Science Foundation (http://www.nsf.gov/), and the \
ultimate goal is to learn what factors are most important to  facilitating the \
successful adoption of open source software in  organizations.  In the initial phase \
of this research we are asking a few  open source project administrators to help us \
recruit approximately 25  users to answer a short survey (posted at \
http://opensource.livesurveys.com/).

As an administrator of KOffice we would like your assistance in
encouraging users of KOffice to answer the survey.  If you agree to participate, we \
will be happy to send you a summary of the  results of the research, and if more than \
10 users of KOffice participate,  then we will provide you with a summary of results \
specific to KOffice.  Also, in exchange for their participation in the study, users \
of KOffice  will be offered a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com.

If you are willing to participate, please send a note to your user mailing
list(s) asking people to complete the survey located at \
http://opensource.livesurveys.com/.  For your convenience, we have attached a sample \
email message below  that you might modify or use as-is.

Thank you very much for your attention and help with the research.
Best regards,

Katherine Stewart
Assistant Professor
Decision & Information technologies
Robert H. Smith School of Business
4355 Van Munching Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-1815
301-405-0576 TEL
301-405-8655 FAX
kstewart@rhsmith.umd.edu
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu
---------------------------------------Sample Email to Users
---------------------------

Subject: help in research & get a $25 Amazon gift certificate

Dear KOffice users,
The KOffice project has been asked to participate in a research study
being conducted by Dr. Katherine Stewart at the University of Maryland,
and we would like your help.  Please visit http://opensource.livesurveys.com/ and \
take about 10 minutes to complete a short survey concerning your  views on open \
source software in general and the KOffice project in  particular.  Everyone who \
completes the survey will be offered a $25 gift certificate  to Amazon.  Completing \
the survey may also directly help us to improve KOffice because we will receive a \
summary of the survey results.

The survey will close as soon as 25 people have responded, so please visit
the link today to participate.

The survey is at http://opensource.livesurveys.com/

Thanks for your help!
--=_alternative 00679DB885256F65_Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

Maryland, and I am writing you because I would like to include KOffice in a research \
study about users' perceptions and decisions regarding open source software. \
&nbsp;This study is being supported by the National Science Foundation (</font><font \
size=3 face="Times New Roman">), and the ultimate goal is to learn what factors are \
most important to facilitating the successful adoption of open source software in \
organizations. &nbsp;In the initial phase of this research we are asking a few open \
source project administrators to help us recruit approximately 25 users to answer a \
short survey (posted at </font><font size=3 color=blue face="Times New \
Roman">).</font> <br>
your assistance in encouraging users of KOffice to answer the survey. &nbsp;<b>If you \
agree to participate, we will be happy to send you a summary of the results of the \
research, and if more than 10 users of KOffice participate, then we will provide you \
with a summary of results specific to KOffice. &nbsp;Also, in exchange for their \
participation in the study, users of KOffice will be offered a $25 gift certificate \
send a note to your user mailing list(s) asking people to complete the survey located \
at </font><font size=3 color=blue face="Times New \
Roman">. &nbsp;For your convenience, we have attached a sample email message below \
that you might modify or use as-is.</font> <br>
regards,</font> <br>
Roman">---------------------------------------Sample Email to Users \
---------------------------</font> <br>
Amazon gift certificate</font> <br>
participate in a research study being conducted by Dr. Katherine Stewart at the \
University of Maryland, and we would like your help. &nbsp;Please visit </font><font \
size=3 color=blue face="Times New \
Roman"> and take about 10 minutes to complete a short survey concerning your views on \
open source software in general and the KOffice project in particular. \
&nbsp;<b>Everyone who completes the survey will be offered a $25 gift certificate to \
Amazon</b>. &nbsp;Completing the survey may also directly help us to improve KOffice \
because we will receive a summary of the survey results.</font> <br>
have responded, so please visit the link today to participate. &nbsp;</font> <br>
--=_alternative 00679DB885256F65_=--