List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Installing RPM
From:       "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" <gwidion () mpc ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-11-15 0:23:35

On Sunday 14 November 2004 16:01, Adam Anderson wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to install KOffice on my Mandrake 10.1 computer.
>  I am new to linux.  I download all of your rmp's for KOffice.
> What do I do then? If I open one of the many rpm's, it brings an
> error.  Which one should I double-click?  Is KOffice hidden
> somewhere on my Mandrake CD?  Is there some simple way to install
> KOffice on my computer?

Yes,

the needed files are in the CD, and for some reason, the default
install of Mandrake doesn't install koffice anymore.

Mandrake Linux hoiwever adds the magic command  "URPMI" to install
programs and packages with no headaches.

You have to open a terminal window - the "konsole" program will do,
become the root user in it (typing "su" followed by <enter> and your
root password), and them typing "urpmi koffice <enter>)

That should install koffice for you.
Afterwards, you should learn better about urpmi , an dhow to configure
it to fecth packages from the internet besides your install CD's,
thus making many more packages available.  Take a look at google and
check what people have done around - if you are stillind oubt, write
me. If the doubt has nothing to do with koffice, no need to go to the
list.

Regards,

	JS
	-><-