List:       koffice
Subject:    KSpread interface question
From:       Lee <grech () zoomtown ! com>
Date:       2004-09-18 2:40:51

Here's a simple question, and maybe I just haven't looked hard enough in the
docs for my answer, but here goes:

Every Spreadsheet I've ever used since VisCalc back in 1983 has had an option
to split the window into multiple panes, in order to preserve data
identifiers (either in the first columns, the first rows, or both) in the
visible area.  This is different from the multiple spreadsheet views I have
found in the View menu, as adjacent panes would scroll along the axis
parallel to the split , wheras views are completely independent as far as I
can tell.  How do I make KSpread do this?  If it can't, it is scheduled to be
added, and how can I help?  In case my description makes no sense, you would
do this in MS Excel by selecting the upper-left data cell and hitting Alt
then W then S.

Thanks in advance,
Lee