List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: no automatic hyphenation in KWord?
From:       Wolfgang Jeltsch <wolfgang () jeltsch ! net>
Date:       2004-08-28 16:42:22

Am Freitag, 27. August 2004 21:36 schrieben Sie:
> On Friday 27 August 2004 21:23, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > from time to time I have a look at KWord and until now I could never find
> > out how to make KWord hyphenating my texts.
> >
> > Should it be really true that KWord doesn't support hyphenation?  Should
> > it be really really true that KWord has lots of advanced features but
> > doesn't provide such a basic word processor functionality like
> > auto-hyphenating words?
> >
> > If this would be the case, it would be very said since I'm very
> > interested in switching from OpenOffice.org to KOffice on a host I
> > administer.
> >
> > I'd be happy about any clarification. ;-)
> >
> > Best whishes,
> > Wolfgang
>
> If I remember well, KWord can hyphenate since 1.2. (Be careful that it is a
> document property.)

Hmm, that sounds good. ;-)

Well, I was expecting at least some general configuration possibilities for
hyphenation in the KWord setup dialog ("KWord einrichten" in German).
Because I couldn't find any, I thought that hyphenation wasn't possible.

Now I'd like to know where I can edit document properties.  I didn't find
anything that sounded like "document property" in the menus.  So I still
haven't any hyphenation. :-(  But maybe I should search in the manual first.
:-)

> Have a nice day!

Best whishes,
Wolfgang