List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: saving and loading cell types in oasis file format
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-08-21 20:55:10

On Saturday 21 August 2004 22:26, Raul Fernandes wrote:
> Really. I didn't tested with large numbers, only smalls (< 1000). Maybe
> removing the dots from the number before changing the commas will resolve
> the issue. What do you think???

I do not know if it would fix all problems.

The numbers 123456.78 could be one of the following, depending on the locale
settings:

123,456.78 (comma and dot)
123.456,78 (dot and comma)
123'456,78 (single quote and comma)
123 456,78 (space and comma)
123 456.78 (non-breaking space and dot)

(Note that the spaces are supposes to be non-breaking spaces but it might be
that there are normal spaces instead. Note also that the previous list is not
exhaustive.)

So I do not know how KSpread handles it exactly and if it does it correctly
but if we save in OASIS we must be more careful.

So perhaps you can use KLocale to help to convert the formula but perhaps it
will not work if the KSpread document was first created with another locale.

> Thanks

Have a nice day!