List:       koffice
Subject:    a bug in open office export filter
From:       Raul Fernandes <rgfernandes () correioweb ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-08-15 20:59:41

I've compiled koffice cvs version (20040815) and installed OpenOffice.org
1.9m49.
When I exported a kspread file to open office format and tried to open in
OpenOffice.org, it fails.
I've been looking for the problem and discovered that the open office export
filter in koffice doesn't export the file correctly.
In file exported by koffice, I found:

 <office:body>

In file exported by OpenOffice.org, I found:

<office:body>
<office:spreadsheet>

In draft of open office format, I read that you have to create the
"<office:spreadsheet>" node in spreadsheets but koffice doesn't create this.
So, the spreadsheets saved by OpenOffice.org and kspread isn't compatible.
Is that correct ?

Thanks

Raul Fernandes
rgfernandes@correioweb.com.br