On Thursday 29 July 2004 19:48, Clifton Franklund wrote: > > Hi all, > > I am having trouble with launching Koffice on my computer. I am working > on my Macintosh 1 Gz G4 Powerbook with 512 Mb SDRAM. Following the > instructions published in the August 2004 issue of Macworld, I used > fink to install bundle-KDE and the gimp. Everything went very smoothly > and all works just fine (except for the koffice apps). When I try to > launch kword (or kspread or any other office app) the app appears in > the kicker and seems to try to launch. After about 20s though, the > launch quietly fails and the icon in the kicker disappears. If I launch > kword from konsole I see: > > QSettings::sync: filename is null/empty > kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from > /private/var/tmp/kdecache-cliftonfranklund/ksycoca > kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( KOfficePart, ) > kio (KTrader): Returning 10 offers > > Then nothing happens. Could be an undefined symbol in the koffice component (I just found out that if this happens, the application exits without warning). I could provide a patch that adds a warning when this happens, but you'd need to recompile koffice to test it.... Anyway - sounds like a fink problem, you might want to ask on the fink users list, http://fink.sourceforge.net/lists/fink-users.php -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice