List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice article follow-up
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-07-30 4:13:32

Hello Nicolas,

--- Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg@snafu.de> wrote:

> That GhostScript transform some fonts in something
> else in a PDF is a problem/
> feature of GhostScript. That is written somewhere in
> the GhostScript
> documentation, in Ps2pdf.htm to be exact.
>
> What I have never really understood is why TrueType
> fonts (type 42 for
> PostScript) are affected, as they are not on list
> about font limitation in
> this documentation.

Well JRT seems to understand the problem... According
to him it is Qt that is unable to export tt as Type 42
(which is needed) on top of that there are some
'spelling' mistakes in some of the names Qt uses for
the fonts.

Solution and work around seems to be very complex (at
least to me) and it involves patching Qt and/or
manually editing the fontmaps.

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=109105352219649&w=2

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=109064343317685&w=2

These are the two important msg about this.

Marc