List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice article
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-07-23 11:41:21

Hi Clarence and all,

--- Clarence Dang <dang@kde.org> wrote:

> IIRC, limitation of KWord <= 1.3 format for use with
> filters (gives frame
> positions but no "on page" or "near paragraph #"
> information).  I think this
> will be solved after OASIS integration and
> subsequent porting of filters.

I have looked at the code. Perhaps I don't understand
it correctly, but could it be that frames containing
pictures are not processes at all by the 'Leader'?

So the HTML filter, nor any other, has the data
necessary to produce the pictures?

I conclude this from the following to code fragments
from KWEFKWordLeader.cc

<SNIP>
switch ( frameType )
    {
    case 1:
            if ( grpMgr.isEmpty () )
            {
                // As we do not support anything else
than normal text, process only normal text.
                // TODO: Treat the other types of
frames (frameType)
                if (frameInfo==0)
                {
                    // Normal Text
<SNIP>

and

<SNIP>

     }
            break;

    case 2: // PICTURE
    case 5: // CLIPART: deprecated (up to KOffice 1.2
Beta 2)
<SNIP>

I think there are two issues here.

(1) The pictures themselves, i.e. the data they
contain
(2) The place where they should be positioned.

If there is a problem with (2) as you appear to
suggest, I could live with having all the pictures at
the bottom of the page somewhere and all the .png
files in the same directory as where the .html file is
generated. Better than nothing :)

But, with the OASIS format coming up, I guess all this
will have to wait or be replaced by other stuff
anyway...

Regards

Marc