List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Multilevel data for Kugar
From:       David Goodenough <david.goodenough () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2004-07-01 15:45:13

On Thursday 01 July 2004 14:00, David Goodenough wrote:
> This may seem like a silly question, but what are the rules for the element
> and attribute list definitions for multi-level data for Kugar.
>
> I am trying to use it to print Invoices, and for this I have set up a form
> which wants a level 0 record for each customer and a level 1 record for
> each line item.  Obviously the attribute list for the customer data and
> for the line items are different.
>
> For the customer I have customer, address1, address2, address3,
> county, postcode and then for the line items description, price,
> cat and total.
>
> What does the ATTLIST for the Row need to look like for this case?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> David
Looking in the WebCVS for Kugar I think I have found the answer,
i.e. that I need to have the different attributes as optional attributes
on the Row definition - would it not be better to have the data
rows names not fixed, and nested by the ELEMENT definition, and
then you could have separate defintions for each type of data.

However, while looking through the WebCVS, I came across the
stuff for doing Kugar straight out of an SQL Database.  Is this
available in a production version or is it new for the next version?

I looked in the Kugar Designer that ships with Kugar 1.3.1 and
there does not seem to be anything about databases there.

Using direct DB access would make it so much easier to do what
I am wanting to do.  If it is only in CVS then I suppose I will have
to build my own from CVS.

David