List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [KOffice 1.3.1 and QT 3.3.2 compiler Problem.--QComboBox::hide
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-06-02 19:47:49

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 18:11, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > /opt/lib/libkdeprint.so: undefined reference to `QComboBox::hide()'
>
> It is not KOffice that needs QComboBox::hide() but KDEPrint (in kdelibs). So I
> suppose that the KDE of your system was not compiled on the Qt that it runs
> now.

Yep. It's finding the wrong Qt, use "ldd" to check it and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to tell it which Qt to use.

> If you want to report that Qt seems not to be binary compatible in this case,
> you could perhaps ask Trolltech directly: qt-bugs@trolltech.com
No no. This is not Qt bug. Qt is backwards compatible, NOT forward compatible.
If you compile against 3.3 you can't run against 3.2.

amp_linux: I already told you so by private mail. Please do NOT mail developers
separately!!! All you get is the same answer more than once, and the result is
that you made everyone lose time instead of just one person. I consider this
behavior unacceptable.