On Thursday 27 May 2004 10:48, Marco Fioretti wrote: > OOffice-wise, OASIS compatibility means that KOffice simply has to > integrate the StarBasic language, or whatever they call it today. > Or not? At some point it also makes sense to reuse our own technologies instead of putting another man-year of efforts reimplementing a scripting language.... Integrating KJSEmbed sounds like we could provide scripting in koffice in a relatively short time frame. Redeveloping StarBasic... doesn't sounds like it. I'm not saying it wouldn't be better for users (full compatibility), but as we say here, "one that you have is better that two that you'll have later". (I think the English proverb involves birds and stones :) -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice