List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: The real reason for an OASIS database?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-05-23 19:13:20

On Sunday 23 May 2004 18:44, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2004 15:47:28 PM +0200, David Faure (faure@kde.org) wrote:
>
> > But the problem of standardizing the file format for such
> > applications is there indeed.
>
> OK, now we are talking!
>
> > Once kexi matures, I would like it very much if the kexi authors
> > could look into defining a file format that uses as much as possible
> > of the current Oasis spec and builds upon it to add support for
> > databases.
>
> Does this mean that there *are* OASIS spec for a database file format?
I just said the opposite...
There is no support for a full msaccess-like (/ kexi-like) database in the
"oasis open office" spec. But if someone wants to propose it to the OASIS
committee, he should ensure that the proposal integrates with the current OASIS
spec, including the basic types and the DB access stuff that oowriter has for
filling forms in text-processing documents. That's what I called "to build upon it".