On Sunday 23 May 2004 16:18, BARTKO Zoltan wrote: > Hello folks, > > It may be a stupid question, so maybe you will just navigate me to a place where to RTFM... Accept my apologies, if it were so. > > I am planning to create a KDE front-end to my project, client/server system for the support of ISO 9001-based quality management systems. > For the time being it has document management, message sending and task assigning capabilities, but it is under development with the initial release to be done yet. > For the impatient: see http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?aspiramus (there is not a lot to see there, though) > > My question is: what are the positive aspects of building the front-end as a KOffice app? Ok, I get KChart, KDGantt, but what else? * A nice document/view/mainwindow framework which reduces the amount of code you'll have to write * The ability to embed other KOffice components into your own documents * The ability to embed your own document into existing KOffice components * A standard filter architecture (to make it possible to write file-format conversion filters as pluggable modules) Generally, if your application doesn't produce printable documents, then it doesn't really need to be a KOffice component; if it does, it will gain from using KOffice's framework. -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice