List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: The real reason for an OASIS database?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-05-23 13:47:28

On Sunday 23 May 2004 17:26, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> What about Rekall? I haven't used it so far, but AFAIK it is the closest thing
> to Access there is (?)

I think you guys are all forgetting about Kexi :)

But the problem of standardizing the file format for such applications is there indeed.
Once kexi matures, I would like it very much if the kexi authors could look into
defining a file format that uses as much as possible of the current Oasis spec
and builds upon it to add support for databases. But I expect that the OO.o guys will
do that too, if they are indeed developing such an application themselves, so
maybe we'll only have to check that we can model all of kexi's features with it.