Dear arguing fellows,

Just the fact that people do pdf creation like that (e.g. via printing) in Windows does not mean that it is good. I would not say a user is stupid if he/she does not know pdf and ps files are created via the printing subsystem. OpenOffice.org *did* do it well and it *is* their advantage that they can create pdf docs simply. I am sorry to say but I think after a whole day of coding and documentation writing I would rather use an export option in the menu than printing to a file... I have seen people doing marvels in KDE, this is a whole lot smaller marvel than getting gtk use a KDE save as dialog, for example.