List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Can KOffice be installed on Server?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-15 21:52:22

On Thursday 15 April 2004 17:25, George Spiese wrote:
> Iım interested in Installing KOffice on a Server. I need terminal users to
> be able to launch KOffice apps in more than one instance. Is this possible?

Which kind of server? File server (NFS/SMB)? X server? Ssh-ed server?

KOffice needs an X display. It can run locally from a directory mounted from a server
(using NFS or smbmount), or it can run on the server if the X connection is forwarded
(directly or via ssh).

More than one instance is no problem for koffice applications.