List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Saving in MSWord format?
From:       Benjamin Sher <delphi123 () zebra ! net>
Date:       2004-03-23 8:38:31

Dear Werner:

Thank you for the reassuring good news. I was aware of RTF, and that should
take care of most situations. Hopefully, Koffice eventually adds support for
saving in MSWord format itself.

By the way, since OpenOffice is open source, couldn't Koffice adapt the
OpenOffice filters for its own applications?

Thank you.

Benjamin

On 03/23/2004 12:59 am, Werner Trobin wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 04:21, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> > Dear friends:
> >
> > Koffice can open an MSWord doc, but can it save it a Kword doc as an
> > MSWord doc? If not, are there plans to add support for it?
>
> You can save files as .rtf (Rich Text Format). All versions of MS Word
> (starting from Word 6, at least) are able to open these files. Microsoft
> extends the original Richtext specification with every new MS Word release
> to ensure feature compatibility between these formats. Therefore it's
> possible to save a .doc file as .rtf file without losing information (at
> least in theory :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Werner

Benjamin Sher