List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Hyphenation issues (2)
From:       "Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar" <e.werner () rz ! uni-leipzig ! de>
Date:       2004-03-22 16:23:49

> On Monday 22 March 2004 16:13, Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar
wrote:
> > Štwórtk 18 měrca 200421:32 koffice-request@mail.kde.org pisaše:
> > > it seems to me that kword simply refuses to hyphen a word, so that less
> > > than two characters remain or get moved to the next line. Are there any
> > > variables in the *.dic file that can be used to adjust this (like
> > > \lefthyphenmin in TeX). Much worse, if I have a 6-character word like
> > >
> > > zmylki (that's Upper Sorbian for "errors")
> > >
> > > and a minimal dic-file
> > >
> > > UTF-8
> > > y2l1k
> > >
> > > the word gets hyphened "zmy-lki" which is wrong (I want "zmyl-ki"). If
> > > I take a longer form like "zmylkach" it gets hyphened correctly.
> >
> > I've just checked it: Openoffice does the right thing so this seems to be
> > a bug in koffice.
>
> Hmm, I added "y2l1k" at the bottom of hyphdicts/hyph_fr.dic and ran the
> attached kohyphentest.cpp program (put it in kotext/kohyphen, and type
> "make kohyphentest; ./kohyphentest"), and it says:
>
> KoHyphenator test: zmylki hyphenates like this: zmyl- ­ki
>
> which you say is correct.

OK, but do you get the same thing when you type it in kword? I can't check
kohyphenator right away because I don't have the koffice source here.

> Maybe it's the UTF-8, since currently all dictionaries are in
> non-multibyte-encodings.

I've thought so and converted the hyphen dictionary to ISO-8859-2. Same thing.
I get zmy-lki, but zmyl-kami :-( I guess I'll try a newer koffice build or
build it from cvs.

Best

Edi
--
Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar
Institut für Sorabistik, Universität Leipzig

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that
don't.