List:       koffice
Subject:    For a Linux meeting: .sxi slideshow with KPresenter?
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-03-21 21:57:29

Greetings,

next saturday I will present the RULE project in my signature to a
Linux lab in Tuscany (www.linuxatwork.info/lidap/). Since RULE tries
to use the lightest software for any task I am planning to propose
KOffice for the project.

A good way to do this would then be to do an updated version of this
OpenOffice slideshow:

http://www.rule-project.org/download/rule_asparis_2003_ICT.sxi

with Kpresenter running on an old computer that wouldn't tolerate
OOo. However I have noticed that Kpresenter on my machine doesn't show
the bottom stripe of the pages (1/2 cm) and some objects are not in
the same relative position they were originally placed in OOo.

May I ask you all to download that file, see it with KPresenter and
tell the list why that happens (both if it is a bug/limitation in
KOffice and how to patch it without reediting the whole thing page by
page)?

I am asking it here because I'd like to know if different KOffice/
Linux combinations yeld different results. I see the above with
KOffice 1.3 from sources on Red Hat 9 (the same setup I plan to have
at the meeting).

TIA,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

If you have the right attitude, interesting problems will find you
                Eric S. Raymond, "The Cathedral and the bazaar", chapter 2