List:       koffice
Subject:    spellchecking
From:       "Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar" <e.werner () rz ! uni-leipzig ! de>
Date:       2004-03-17 15:18:35

Hello,

I have several questions concerning the spellchecker (Koffice 1.3, Mandrake
10.0):

1. When I try to use sth else but "Ispell Default" in the configuration
dialog, it gets ignored (changing the encoding and everything else works) and
the next time I enter the dialog "Ispell Default" is selected again. (Yes, I
have pressed "Apply".)

2.What does the selection of the encoding do? As far as I am aware, ispell
dictionaries have to be 8bit, so what happens when I select UTF-8 as the
encoding? Does kword recode before feeding to the ispell client and re-recode
its output?

3. How does kword know which language belongs to which dictionary? I have set
up locale for Upper Sorbian (hsb) and dialogs for, e.g., keyboard layout
display and use it, but the spellchecking dialog of kword shows "Unknown
[hsb]"  in the dictionary section.

Cheers

Edi

--
Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar
Institut für Sorabistik, Universität Leipzig

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that
don't.