List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice advocacy
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-03-18 6:37:28

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 12:48:45 PM -0800, Marc Heyvaert (marc_heyvaert@yahoo.com) wrote:

> > It slowed down a lot with:
> >
> > SuSE 8.2
> > Athlon 2200 256 MB RAM
> > and OOo which version?
> >

> 1.0.2 I tried some things again this evening. Starting
> the OpenOfficeorg Writer takes 20 seconds. After that
> starting some other applications like Calc is only 3
> seconds.

The reason why I asked is that they (OOo guys) insist that 1.1.0 or
1.1.1rc are *much* faster, so it just makes no sense anymore to
complain on 1.0* versions. The fair thing (and I agree on that) is
then to compare KOffice 1.3 with one of the versions above.

On my Pc 1.1.0 is still *slooooow*, however. Could you try one of the
versions above, and report if there is an improvement? It would make
the comparison much more useful.

Thank you in advance,
			Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Nature is very un-American.  Nature never hurries.
						-- William George Jordan