List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: configuring as user or root?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-03-16 18:48:05

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 18:38, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I have a one-man, one-machine Linux computer. In my case, does it really
> matter whether I do ./configure as user or root?

Well, I am not sure if the koffice mailing list is the most appropriate for
such a general question.

Anyway, using root as less as possible is the way to go. (To be short, I will
give a comparison: when you plan to take a bath, you fill only the bath with
water, not the full bathroom.)

> Would appreciate your comment.
>
> Thank you.

Have a nice day!