List:       koffice
Subject:    Koffice success
From:       Benjamin Sher <delphi123 () zebra ! net>
Date:       2004-03-16 11:00:55

Dear Nicolas:

Thanks for writing. I've since, with the help of David and Marc and other,
succeeded in installing and running Koffice 1.3 (with KDE 3.1).

I decided to install it where my KDE was rather than in the default /usr/
local/kde. I therefore installe it with ./configure --prefix=/usr

The main problem had to do with determining exactly where my Xandros's
customized KDE really was. It turned out that it was in /usr. After David
confirmed this (based on the data I sent him), the rest was a no-brainer.

Here are the baby pictures:

http://www.websher.net/temp/KChart.png
http://www.websher.net/temp/KSpread.png
http://www.websher.net/temp/KWord.png