List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice -- KDE apps
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-15 13:21:46

On Monday 15 March 2004 13:22, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear Dave:
>
> My thanks again for your help.
>
> Here is the output of kde-config --path apps. Is everything all right?
/var/lib/kde/menu was added, but the normal one is there so it should be fine.
Better retest after setting KDEDIRS though, it will give a different result.

> Has Xandros moved the KDE directories to /usr/share/applnk/Applications (based on
> the data below)?
Yes.

> That was one of my main problems in trying to launch Koffice
> after I installed it in /usr/local/kde. I couldn't for the life of me figure
> out where the KDEDIRS were
Nowhere. It's your job to set it.

> so that I could perform the command as instructed
> by Koffice:
>
> export KDEDIRS=/the/prefix/I/used/for/koffice:/the/normal/kdedir
>
> Could you please help me determine what are the correct KDEDIRS based on the
> data below. I know the first part (in my first installation, now completely
> removed) was /usr/local/kde but the second part has eluded me probably
> because of Xandros' customizations.
The second part is /usr.

export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde:/usr
kde-config --path apps

should give something like
/home/sher/.kde/share/applnk/:/usr/local/kde/share/applnk:/usr/share/applnk/:/var/lib/kde/menu/

and koffice is in /usr/local/kde/share/applnk/Office/*.desktop so this should
work ok.