List:       koffice
Subject:    math fonts in kformula
From:       Christopher Knox <knoxc () uci ! edu>
Date:       2004-02-27 18:44:52

Hi

I am trying to to install the extra math fonts for kformula - I have
successfully installed them using kcontrol - I can select them as fonts to
write with in kword - but i cannot convince kformula that these fonts are
installed (by selecting Esstix font style or Computer Modern Style in
settings->configure kformula) what am I doing wrong?

I noticed that the instructions in the kformula help show a very different
looking fonts interface than that of the kcontrol I have (I am running kde
3.2.0 and koffice 1.3). In the kformula help it also shows an additional
dialogue settings->configure kformula->math fonts - I do not have this dialog
so I cannot use it to tell kformula about the fonts I have used. Is the help
for koffice 1.2? Is this dialogue supposed to be missing? If so how am I
supposed to make kformula aware of the fonts.

I have installed the fonts using kcontrol, both system and personal fonts, I
have manually copied them into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/.... myself. I have
restarted many times and still kformula thinks these fonts are installed.

Thanks in advance,
Chris