List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice programs just won't start
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-20 17:52:37

On Friday 20 February 2004 16:28, Pinchiukas wrote:
> Hello,
> I've installed slackware 9.1 and the downloaded kde 3.2.0 packages from
> ftp.slackware.com slackware-current. I installed them and everything seems
> fine, but not with KOffice. When i type for example kword in console, no
> errors are given, but I get the bash prompt, and KWord won't start.

Yes it seems I forgot to backport one of the changes related to the new .desktop
file reorganization (oops).

One solution is to get the fix from CVS (update with cvs update -rKOFFICE_1_3_BRANCH)
or to apply this patch:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/koffice/lib/kofficecore/koQueryTrader.cc.diff?r1=1.63&r2=1.63.2.1

Another solution, as a workaround, would be to copy the X-KDE-Library entry
(like X-KDE-Library=libkwordpart) from services/kwordpart.desktop
to kword.desktop (which is probably under applnk/Office/).
Just add the line anywhere inside kword.desktop (ok not on the first line :).
But you need to do the same for every koffice application (kspread.desktop,
kpresenter.desktop etc.). Sorry about this :(

Then run "kbuildsycoca" (or restart kde), and kword etc. should work.

> So maybe
> you could help me with this problem? Some of programs (KAddressBook, Kontact,
> KThesaurus, KOrganiser and Kugar) work
Except for kthesaurus/kugar, those are not part of koffice at all :)