List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord (K Office 1.3) - where are the MS word filters?
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-18 19:30:59

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 20:17, Brian Monroe wrote:
> Am running KDE 3.2 with KOffice 1.3 on FC1 using the RPMs on an i686.

FC == Fedora Core? Sorry, I have no clue about Redhat's current stuff.

> The filters for importing files in non-KWord formats do not have Microsoft
> Word 97 - they do have Microsoft Write though.
>
> Am I missing something?  I previously compiled KWord on RH9 and the filters
> were there.

I only see a koffice rpm (and the corresponding *-devel and *-i18n rpms) and
no libwv2 rpm on ftp.kde.org. libwv2 is an external library needed to import
MS Word files. If it's not there you can still build KOffice, but then the MS
Word import filter gets disabled.

Maybe the packager put libwv2 and KOffice in one rpm (then it should work),
but I doubt that. I think the packager just forgot to package libwv2 and
ignored the dependency. Please inform your packager about that issue.

Thanks,
Werner