List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: users book about KOffice
From:       Eugene Nine <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2004-02-12 17:48:52

On Thursday 12 February 2004 12:05 pm, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2004 13:12, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > I quite agree with John that a book can be written parallel to the
> > development of the application. Especially if the people writing the book
> > are involved in the development. Then it would be possible to publish the
> > book very soon after the new version of the application appears - and
> > then you have a book covering the current version.
>
> I recently ran into this website; this might be another option you want to
> consider.
>
> http://www.sourcebeat.com/
I don't get it.  If they send updates then it would have to be an electronic
book because they sure wouldn't want to mail out paper updates and have you
rip the book apart and glue them in.  An open source electronic book you can
download from the authors site for free, so you would basically be paying
them to e-mail you updates???