List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd:KOffice 1.3 build fails on documentation
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-02-09 18:52:43

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 18:14:05 PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte (nicolasg@snafu.de) wrote:

> Have you already tried what Lauri has answered on kde-devel:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=107629220118949&w=2

I will try tomorrow morning. What I did was to take a complete install
of RH9 from their base CDs (kde3.1 a-la-redhat) and then go to my own
local disk /opt/local/, and then download/compile/install into
/opt/local/kde3.2/ the whole original kde3.2 using konstruct.

Then I prepended /opt/local/kde3.2/bin to my path, set QTDIR, KDEDIR /
KDEDIRS, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, to see that kde installation first, and
happily re-logged in with /opt/local/kde3.2/bin/startkde into
~/.xinitrc

After that I downloaded official koffice 1.3 tarball and started what
I described in previous messages today.

My problem is very probably what Lauri described, ie having meinproc
and other similar stuff from Red Hat KDE 3.1 lying around, and I will
follow Lauri instructions tomorrow. *Probably* (I am writing from
another RH9 box now) what is on the main system is:

checkXML and meinproc from kdelibs-3.1
libxml2-2.5.4

In the meantime, however:

why weren't meinproc/ checkXML rebuilt with KDE3.2 by konstruct?
according to my system, they come from the kdelibs rpm. If not
included, where should I download the proper version from?

Also, once I have fixed them, do I have to rebuild the whole kde 3.2
(which seems runing fine) or just KOffice?

TIA for all your support,

Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Your education begins where what is called your education is over.