List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice filters
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-01-18 0:36:18

On Saturday 17 January 2004 21:22, gerry gavigan wrote:
> I'd like to start work on an MS Word import filter and possibly an Excel
> import filter.
>
> I am(more accurately, used to be) an engineer (C.Eng), I have done software
> design, coding, HTML etc., a bit rusty but still disciplined.
>
> No idea how to start or if you want this feature - but it would be nice to
> import KOffice stuff into my office suite at the office.
>
> Gerry Gavigan

Thank you for wanting to help us.

We are currently changing the native file formats of the main KOffice
applications towards OASIS file formats.

(As I do not know who everybody is in OASIS I do not if somebody else is
planning OASIS filters for MS Office.)

As for your knowledge of HTML, you could help us on koffice.org if you would
want.

May be you could subscribe to the koffice-devel mailing list.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org

(Sorry If my email is odd, I first understand the totally opposite and thought
that you would want to help for the MS Word and MS Excel import filters in
KOffice and not that you would want KOffice filters for MS Office.)

Have a nice day!