List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice ("xmas" devel) silently fails
From:       Mikhail Ramendik <mr () ramendik ! ru>
Date:       2004-01-06 15:46:50

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. I've checked all these steps, and here are the
results.

David Faure wrote:

> This is the usual installation problem - I guess you used a different prefix
> for KDE and KOffice.

$ which kword
/usr/lib/kde3/bin/kword

$ set
[...]
KDEDIR=/usr/lib/kde3
[...]

Looks like the prefix was automatically determined, and rightly so. At
least I know of no other KDE prefix. (It's installed from RPMs, not
source).

> If that's the case, add export KDEDIRS=/kofficeprefix:/kdeprefix to your
> startup files (or to the top of startkde). Or edit /etc/kderc, see www.koffice.org
>
> If the problem is not due to different prefixes, try
> 1) removing a ~/.local/applications/kde-kword.desktop if you have one

Not present.

> 2) running "kbuildsycoca", then try starting kword again

No change.

> 3) if that doesn't work, run koffice/tools/scripts/check_koffice_install.sh

$ ./check_koffice_install.sh
Looking under applnk dir: /home/misha/.kde/share/applnk-redhat/
Looking under applnk dir: /var/lib/menu/kde/Applications/

Now looking by filename

Looking under applnk dir: /home/misha/.kde/share/applnk-redhat/
Looking under applnk dir: /var/lib/menu/kde/Applications/
***** No kword.desktop with X-KDE-NativeMimetype in it was found!
Installation problem.
/home/misha/.kde/share/applnk-redhat/ /var/lib/menu/kde/Applications/

Service Types dir /home/misha/.kde/share/servicetypes/
Service Types dir /usr/lib/kde3/share/servicetypes/
Found /usr/lib/kde3/share/servicetypes/kofficepart.desktop
[PropertyDef::X-KDE-NativeMimeType]
Service Types dir /usr/share/servicetypes/

Is this the cause? If so, how can I fix this?

Sincerely yours, Mikhail Ramendik