List:       koffice
Subject:    language support in KWord
From:       "BARTKO, Zoltan" <bartko.zoltan () pobox ! sk>
Date:       2003-12-27 11:20:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear friends,

please enlighten me in the following issue:

I am trying to write a text in slovak. I would like to set the language =
of the text to slovak, but there is no way, the drop-down list box of =
languages says I have only english to choose from (since I have only =
english language support installed for kde, even though my locale =
settings are slovak). So now I am not sure if it is just me (running KDE =
+ KOffice cvs from 2 days ago, e.g. 25.dec.2003) or it is like this in =
general. I would even have a look at the code, but currently I am busy =
doing my homewrok for school, and I have not that much time.

The second thing is, that even though the text is set to english, I set =
the spellchecker to Aspell slovak ISO-8859-2. I get weird results. In =
ISpell, I know there is a way of setting the min. word size the =
spellchecker checks (default: 3). If I spellcheck slovak text with the =
above config. in KWord, I get constant errors with 1 letter words =
(prepositions happen to be mostly 1 letter words), which should be =
correct... then: the listbox in the spellchecker dialog window does not =
honor the encoding. The ASpell dictionary is set to ISO-8859-2 but the =
list box shows latin1 (I think. I get 3/4 and other weird characters at =
places where there should letters with carons or haceks, etc.)

OO file support is a great thing, thanks a lot. :)))

happy Xmas holidays, everyone

cheers

Zoltan