List:       koffice
Subject:    karbon: unable to open AI files (crash on startup)
From:       Nirmal Govind <nirmalg () psu ! edu>
Date:       2003-12-27 1:47:06

Hi.. I'm trying to open a few files I created in Illustrator but
karbon isn't able to open them. I'm using karbon 0.1 from the
koffice-1.3-0.beta3.6mdk rpm package, I'm running Mandrake 9.2 with
a 2.6.0 kernel. I get the following messages when I open a .ai file:

nirmalg@variance:~/Research/Thesis/Papers/RDEstimation/Figures$
karbon 2x3DOE.ai

kofficeConfig - start
kofficeConfig - end
koffice (filter manager): KoFilterEntry::query(  )
koffice (filter manager): Checking whether KOffice XSLT Export
Filter is available.
koffice (filter manager): Not cached, checking...
koffice (filter manager): Filter: KOffice XSLT Export Filter not
available.
unhandled comment: PDF-1.4
unhandled comment: âãÏÓ
unknown operator: obj
pushing obj to stack
state byte array / start char < (60)
parsing aborted

In the above case, I got a message saying karbon can't open the
file. I tried some eps files generated by AI also.. in these eps
cases, karbon crashes on startup.. here are the messages from one
instance:

kofficeConfig - start
kofficeConfig - end
koffice (filter manager): KoFilterEntry::query(  )
koffice (filter manager): Checking whether KOffice XSLT Export
Filter is available.
koffice (filter manager): Not cached, checking...
koffice (filter manager): Filter: KOffice XSLT Export Filter not
available.
parsing started
size is 4
size is 5
parsing finished
command to execute is (gs -q -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER -dNODISPLAY
ps2ai.ps
'/home/nirmalg/Research/Thesis/Papers/RDEstimation/Figures/2x3DOE.eps'
| sed -e "s/%%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792/%%BoundingBox: 0 0 0 0/g" >
'/tmp/kde-nirmalg/karbon2K3xWb.tmp')
unknown operator: Adobe_packedarray
pushing Adobe_packedarray to stack
unknown operator: Adobe_cmykcolor
pushing Adobe_cmykcolor to stack
unknown operator: Adobe_cshow
pushing Adobe_cshow to stack
unknown operator: Adobe_customcolor
pushing Adobe_customcolor to stack
unknown operator: Adobe_typography_AI3
pushing Adobe_typography_AI3 to stack
unknown operator: Adobe_IllustratorA_AI3
pushing Adobe_IllustratorA_AI3 to stack
unknown operator: To
pushing To to stack
unknown operator: Tp
pushing Tp to stack
unknown operator: TP
pushing TP to stack
unknown operator: Tr
pushing Tr to stack
unknown operator: Tf
pushing Tf to stack
unknown operator: TC
pushing TC to stack
.
.
.
.
pushing TC to stack
unknown operator: Tx
pushing Tx to stack
unknown operator: TO
pushing TO to stack
before save document
after save document

Please let me know if this is something that's already known and the
development version handles this or if I
should file a bug report...

Thanks,
nirmal