List:       koffice
Subject:    Two minor issues I found in kspread and a couple wishs.
From:       Eugene Nine <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2003-12-26 12:55:22

I didn't find them in the bugs search but wanted to double check.
1.  When the text inside a cell is wider than the cell and overlaps into an
empty cell to the right, the right side of the cell border seems to be off by
one pixel.  Example: type some text into cell A1 that is wider than the
width.  It will spill into B1 and the right side border of B1 will be two
pixels wide.  If the text in cell A1 is wide enough to go into cell C1 then
the right border of C1 will have a second border two pixels in so I think the
borers are just off by one pixel per cell as it seems to move one space per
cell.
2. Inserting a link, I can't make the link relative, I have to specify the
full path.  For example, in a simple home inventory spreadsheet, I have a
list of large items / tools in my garage in one column.  The next column I
have links to scans of the receipts and then links to the owners manuals
downloaded from the manufacturers web site.  The link will be something
like /home/user/documents/inventory/receipt.tif.  The kspread sheet resides
in the /home/user/documents/inventory folder.  I have to put the full path to
the .tif in the link, I can't just put receipt.tif or ./receipt.tif.  This
makes it hard if I wanted to move the inventory folder somewhere else because
I have to redo all the links.  They seems to be standard html which says I
should be able to link relative.
3. To further expand on #2, could I insert a pic and link from it.  Say using
the same example above, insert a small picture of a manual and link it to the
owners manual instead of just text in the cell.
4. Also I would think there should be an option to edit link, maybe in the
right click menu.  This would bring up the link dialog with the comment and
link lines filled in with what is already in the cell.
Thanks
Eugene