On Friday 26 December 2003 14:44, you wrote: > What I meant, is are you afraid to tell the world that > your Linux knowledge is incomplete and far from > professional. My knowledge of Linux is basically an > end-user's knowledge of the Unix system. I only know > so much, and I rely very much on the GUI to get any > system administration task done. So, because of my > inadequate knowledge of Linux, I have decided not to > use it, because otherwise instead of using my PC to > meet my computing needs, I would be caught up fixing > the PC, which isn't what I wanted to do. Right now, > my Windows XP PC is protected by two firewalls and a > anti-virus package from CA. It meets my communication > needs and I am happy about it. I am also taking short > courses to upgrade my PC skills, it isn't perfect but > I should need a Unix PC. I would probably buy a Mac > instead for the peace of mind it gives. > No no, I guess my Linux knowledge is quite complete. That's why I like using it I think. From my first mail, I was doubting whether to add a question when the last time was that you installed/tried a new Linux distribution. But I didn't. From what I read what you do with your computer, you might as well use Linux. There are quite a few areas where Linux is much more difficult to use, but the things you mention are not. I had to laugh because your remarks about why you're not using Linux have really nothing to do with the question you asked on the koffice mailing list. I saw it as a cheap way to start a complete discussion about which OS is better. Regards, Edwin ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice