List:       koffice
Subject:    Compiling from CVS - Configure script
From:       "Studiecentrum voor Taiji vzw" <taiji () pandora ! be>
Date:       2003-12-01 19:04:13

Hello,

The last week I spent quite some time installing linux on a nex PC (Suse 8.2
distribution).

I tried to compile KOffice from CVS...first I was puzzled because there is
no configure script, but then I found the reference in the FAQ telling me to
run "make -f Makefile.cvs".

I had no luck with that because it stopped with an error quite early in the
build (can't tell you where exactly, because I am on another machine now,
can't get my wireless internet connection to work yet :-( )

Anyway by manually changing the first line in the different scripts from "#!
/bin/sh" to "#! /bin/bash" I could get things working again, although I do
not understand why this makes a difference...

But the build stopped again with an error, now because a series of
subdirectories (I think from the presenter and krita application) could not
be found.

A couple of weeks ago I compiled a version of KOffice from a snapshot and I
don't remember any trouble to do with this configure script. So is there a
difference between the snapshot and the CVS?

How can I run 'make -f..." so that it works.

With regard to the missing subdirectories : is the CVS currently broken?

Regards

Marc