List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: The "Killer" application]
From:       Eugene <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2003-11-25 23:39:31

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 6:28 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 November 2003 00:18, Eugene wrote:
> > What direction is KOShell going to go?  To me it currently looks like you
> > choose the app/part and create a document specific to that app/part which
> > isn't much different from running that particular app in the first place.
>
> Except for switching apps / documents more easily.
>
> > I'd like to see something a bit different.
>
> I'd like to have 30 more KOffice developers.
Thats one skill I wish I had kept up on.  I did some assembly and took Pascal
and C in college but the C++ concepts with classes and such still confuse me
a bit.

As far as the killer app is concerned, what is when you hit new in KOShell you
chose a paper size insteat of a kpart app?  Your then presented with a blank
page buy you can't do anything with it yet.  Then you choose a Kpart from the
left bar and then click and drag on the paper to make a box.  If you choose
Kword part you get to type in the box and the toolbars are all kword bars.
Then you click kspread and click and drag another box and a blank spreadsheet
comes up in the box and you get the kspread toolbars.  So instead of
switching between documents you can combine them.  Sort of a desktop
publishing program, but no need to insert or copy/paste from each
app/document.