List:       koffice
Subject:    [Fwd: The "Killer" application]
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-24 6:07:08

I expected that I would get flamed about this so I posted it on 'Café'.

But, I received no comments.

Any comment here or here, or here?

I may not have explained this well enough or perhaps you have to be able to think outside
the box to understand why this is at one a radical idea and one that isn't really much
different than what is currently available, or what KOffice is supposed to be.

If you have used WordPerfect you should know how the WordPerfect spread sheet functions
and you should know that you can open a box any size any place in a page and create text
import an image or drawing and to a limited extent create content.  I suggest adding the
ability to edit in place or creating in place any type of content that you have a tool for.

But you have to get outside of the application based box.  My idea is that applications
should be be replaced by tools that could create or modify content anywhere in a compound
document.

--
JRT

["The \" (message/rfc822)]