List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Suggestions for Karbon14
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-19 0:16:47

Dan Ostrowski wrote:
> Greets all,
>
> My name is Dan Ostrowski and I'm looking to join the Karbon14 developement
> team. I've been working on learning the code, but in the meantime I recently
> did a list of suggestions for GUI and general useability in Karbon14.  The
> rest of the team suggested I pass it on to you.
>
> I think there is a LOT of potential in this program, and if we listen to the
> user base we can make it a "best of breed" program for vector illustration. I
> asked several linux artists, and several forums of artists, what the needs
> were for a vector drawing application. The suggestions I submit are a
> composite of my own reasearch and views with these community ideas.
>
> http://dan.ostrowski.cc/suggestions.html

First, I want to thank you for your efforts.  From time to time I have mentioned that
design and engineering is at least as important as writing the actual code.

You should probably subscribe to the 'koffice' & 'koffice-devel' mailing lists.

Specifically, you mention the need for a grid and snap to grid.  These are much needed
features.  But, please see the archives of the 'koffice' mailing list for the vehement and
hostile reaction I received when I suggested something like this.  So, be warned, the
"arrogant developers" might not appreciate your treading on their turf.

--
JRT