List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword:  Couldn't find the native MimeType
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-11-18 11:28:06

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 04:26, Chris D wrote:
> Downloaded and installed KOffice 1.3 RC1.  I can't run Kword though.  When I
> try to launch the program from a terminal I get the following message:
>
> koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in kword's
> desktop file. Check your installation !
>
> Any ideas?

As I posted yesterday, check for a ~/.local/share/applications/kword.desktop
and move it away if there's one.
Otherwise, use koffice/tools/scripts/check_koffice_install, it might find out what's wrong.

If nothing helps, post back, with full details about the directories where you
have KDE and KOffice.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer