List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice 1.2.94 plugin issues on Mac OS X
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2003-11-14 14:11:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

David Faure wrote:

> IMHO you should commit this, unless the karbon developers object.
> Do you have patches for the rest of KOffice already?

I'm not entirely sure yet, I need to do some testing that actually
exposes these bits.

The problem is that some ideosynchracies of the darwin linker (and,
supposedly, ambiguities in the C++ spec) mean that doing this kind of
thing can actually make it so that static initializers are not called
from the shared-libraries when called indirectly through those "dummy"
modules (which have no code themselves).

I've been pretty busy and so haven't had the opportunity to figure out
a) whether there are any static initializers in the things I've reworked
into lib/module pairs, and b) how to make a good test case to be sure
it's OK.  :)

Hopefully this weekend I'll have the chance to dig into it a bit more.

Either way, a number of rather important plugins from the original
subject of this thread are broken in the osx builds so I won't be
releasing a new koffice anytime soon, probably.  I've got a lot of yucky
debugging to do.  :P

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick -- http://ranger.befunk.com/
gpg: 6401 D02A A35F 55E9 D7DD  71C5 52EF A366 D3F6 65FE