List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword documents - cross platform woes.
From:       Mark Arrasmith <arrasmith () math ! wichita ! edu>
Date:       2003-11-05 19:09:39

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 12:57 pm, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> Well the issue is he did alot of the page breaks by pressing enter
> multiple times, so really to get the same layout he had, i pretty much
> need the same fonts.

That is something I don't  like about WYSIWYG programs.  They really aren't.

Anyway, it is faster to get him to simply select all the extra returns and hit
[CRTL]-[enter] for page breaks.  It would fix the problem of making one small
change (font, new paragraph, different printer) screwing up the entire
document (like it is now).  And it would teach him one "new" thing about
using a word processor correctly.

> i might just make the jump bigger and teach him latex :)
> *evil grin*

LyX is QT based now.  And TeXmacs is a really cool program as well.  And
definitely use Kile if you go pure LaTeX.

- mark

--
Earth Destroyed by Solar Flare -- film clips at eleven.