On Wednesday 05 November 2003 14:56, Jeff MacDonald wrote: > > > So to save running up and down stairs, I enabled SSH X11 > > > Forwarding. I sshed to Nelson FROM Millhouse, and started kword. > > > I opened up the document and to my suprise, it didn't look the > > > same as if i was sitting infront of Nelson, it looked like as if > > > i was in front of millhouse with a local version of kword. > > > What's up with that ? > > > > Fonts differ. Identify which font you're using and copy it over. > > Double-check whether Qt is using fonts via X or via Xft, and make > > sure it's the same on both machines (check if Qt links to libXft, > > and whether "xdpyinfo | grep RENDER" finds the render extension). > > Well, here's what confused me, when i ssh to nelson, and start kde > shouldn't it being using all of the X resources ie: fonts from his > machine ? And thus it should look identical as if i'm in front of > his machine ? That was the really weird part I'm also hoping to get > to the bottom of. Nope; ever wondered why you need to config fonts in your X server? If so; please read up on your X server/client software.. -- Thomas Zander ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice