List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Task for people wanting better printing
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 5:42:51

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 20:49, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> What did not work when you did make the first time before modifying the
> program?

Well the first time I just naively copied the code from the HTML and
named it drawdemo.cc and then tried to compile it using the examples
from the kde developers tutorials. That did not work. Then I went back
and and got the hello world example from the Qt tutorial to compile and
run. I tried the same steps with drawdemo.cc but they did not work. I
then split main() from the rest of the code and it compiled except for
the drawdemo.moc error. I will look at it some more.

> When I mean that you could compile it alone, it means not all examples
> together. But the source still needs to the one with which you compiled Qt.

 That's a problem  I can see that main.cc has to be by itself but I
don't know enough of C++ to break out the other sections.

> Perhaps there is a way to avoid it. Open the Makefile in an editor and replace
> all ../../ by the real path to Qt. There is also the file .qmake.cache that
> you have to completely remove from the Makefile. That is how I compile test

I could not find the .qmake.cache.  Let me look at some more of the Qt
tutorials and see if I can get it to work.