List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: karbon
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-10-30 12:11:44

On Thursday 30 October 2003 04:13, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> >>KOffice can convert it back to 72nds of an inch.  I presume that it is
> >>converting the other dimensions (inches, millimeters, etc) to 72nds of an
> >>inch before they are passed to the Qt PostScript driver.  1200ths
> >> shouldn't be any different.
> >
> > We are limited by integers. So we have to open it in one way or another
> > first.
>
> PostScript files are not limited to integers.

PS not, but Qt's implementation limits. Of course Qt was not meant for being a
toolkit for DTP applications.

The best would be to create our own Postscript generator. But, as written
before, this means that we would have to support all font problems and that
is not easy (i.e. needs much manpower to do it correctly plus developers
knowing the subject, especially East Asian fonts.)

> SVG files are not limited to integers.
>
> So, I don't understand where we are limited to integers.

Have a nice day!